Embossing Artwork Specification
Part A : Limitation Checklist
– Embossing is NOT ALLOWED to apply on gluing area. – Embossing must NOT overlap with Silkscreen Spot UV artwork. – Vital elements (text, images, logo, etc) must be kept within the safe zone. – Embossing is apply, at least 3mm from the creasing line. – Embossing is NOT ALLOWED to do in JPEG (Must in vector).
– Font size cannot less than 11.0 points (based on Arial font type size) include wording inside small logo. – Font size that is less than 11.0 points (based on Arial font type size), the word(s) will be embossed as a whole instead of individual letter. – Do not use font type with sharp end edge.
– Line thickness must or more than 1.0 point. – Gap between Embossing lines cannot less than 2.0mm. – Outline of table is not allowed to apply (Miss-registration is more noticeable).
– Dot thickness cannot less than 2.0 point. – Gap between Embossing dots cannot less than 1.0mm. – Dot artwork may also including small symbol and character, example Comma (,), Full Stop(.), Colon (:), Semi Colon (;), Apostophes (‘), Quotation Marks (“), and etc. – Symbol and character as mentioned above which create using Font (Arial font type), the font size cannot less than 20 points.
– Registration accuracy of Embossing is ± 0.5 mm. For products with Emboss finishing, Member may not reject order if Emboss defects affect only 2% or below of the printed quantity per order.
Part B : Artwork preparation
1. Embossing artwork can be a vector graphic(vector) , text , shape or solid color. 2. Embossing artwork must prepare in 100% PROCESS CYAN color and NO TONING is allowed. 3. Emboss artwork must be accurately aligned with the printing artwork. Please double check to ensure the Emboss artwork position is at its Emboss artwork page. 4. Artwork is saved in latest format of Adobe Acrobat Document (.pdf) 5. PDF file must prepare for Embossing artwork : Page 1 : Printable artwork only Page 2 : Artwork of image to be Embossed
Page 1 : Printable artwork only
Page 2 : Artwork of image to be Embossed
Part C : Example of Artwork Limitation
1. Embossing not allow to pass through creasing line.
Further Explaination for not allow Emboss pass through creasing line
– For creasing away from Embossing, no tendency of cracking will occur on the paper material. – For creasing press against Embossing, paper material may cracked 2. Emboss line limitation 2.1 Gap between Embossing lines cannot less than 2mm. 2.2 Embossing is apply, at least 3mm from the creasing line.